ELEV8 AZ’s REPUTATION by building pride and optimism in Arizona.
- Limit legislation to 8 or so big issues per year. Slow down the “new bill mill”. Work on serious issues that can be addressed within State jurisdiction. If it’s a Federal jurisdiction, master the ability to influence Washington DC rather than passing “protest laws”.
- Ban free gifts to lawmakers and make everything we do transparent. Shine Arizona sunshine on all Capitol activities.
- Communicate with dignity, civility and listen to others. Stop name calling and rude behavior.
ELEV8 AZ’s Economy should be our #1 priority. Our legislative focus should be to increase jobs and facilitate the recovery of Arizona’s economy. We should be encouraging start-ups and attracting businesses (especially exporters) to Arizona.
- Improve Arizona’s environment for small businesses.
- Foster a spirit of entrepreneurship.
- In my small way help by holding a monthly “Ideation Night with Bob”. The purpose will be to mentor people with passion and ideas to increase new startups.
- Shrink Arizona’s government to 50% of existing size. Implement thrift and best practices in State Government.
- Technology assets should be updated to modern less expensive and more flexible platforms.
EDUC8 the ONE
- Explore new models that are “disruptive innovations” to traditional education models. Use technology to find a way to customize education to individual levels. AZ businesses need qualified graduates. Increase parental involvement and provide them choices, create necessary social interactions, and reconsider old models. Consolidate overhead to reduce administrative vs. classroom costs.
SMART HEALTHCARE FOR AZ
- GET READY…Healthcare will be block-granted to States under any Presidency. Do we have the systems we need? Arizona’s ACCHSS was a trial blazer nationally. Can we build on that tradition and make a system that is better but leaner and smarter?
NEGOTI8 SANE IMMIGRATION REFORM AND IMPROVED RELATIONS WITH SOUTHERN NEIGHBORS
- Improve trade/ foreign relations with Mexico. AZ should not be hostile to Mexico or Hispanics. Come visit and do business here.
- Regarding immigration reform, work with White House vs. fight the Supreme Court to accomplish the SANE plan:
- Control border and eliminate unauthorized entry in Tucson sector (285 miles of US/Mexico border)
- Overhaul visa system to become a new modern and responsive system
- For the 12 Million undocumented immigrants that are here…Separate the “Good” from the “Bad”. No amnesty. New Brasero-type temporary/good behavior visas.
- SB1070 (ID/ Arrest/ Deport) the “Bad” (criminal element)